Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Jacob Daniel- State DOC
The Georgia Soccer website Coach section has 5 coaching manuals posted in the Coaching Resources page to help coaches of all levels with their training. The 5 manuals are:
1. Club Player Development Manual - addresses the structure of a club and recommendations on the coaching philosophy, coaching structure, training priorities for all the levels of the game, the role of the Director of Coaching as well as parent education.
2. KINS Manual - provides guidance on how to coach U6 and U8 players.
3. Academy Coaching Manual - addresses the key philosophy for coaching U9 through U12 academy players and provides pointers on how to structure practices to improve players' technical and tactical development.
4. U10/U12 Academy Coaching Manual Part II - a sequel to the previous manual. Here the focus is on how to teach academy level players to play possession soccer within the small-sided environment and provides sample activities.
5. ODP Coaching Manual - the official manual used by all states and region ODP coaches with a focus on teaching possession soccer in the 11v11 environment. the principles of possession soccer and the player roles are outlined, with sample activities.