GEORGIA SOCCER YOUTH
AGE GROUPS FOR 2017 – 2018 SEASONAL YEAR
1. Member affiliates must register all their players between the ages of 3 and 19 with Georgia Soccer. Player classification for the soccer year shall be determined by the player’s age as of January 1.
2. Recreational Age Groups are as follows (NOTE: single-year age groups can be used if it better serves your membership): State level recreational competition is configured on two-year age groups--i.e. 4U, 6U, 8U, 10U, etc.
3. Single-Year Age Groups for Classic, Athena, Academy programs are as follows:
Please see Rule 180.4c in regards to 8 year olds being rostered to Select Program teams.
4. Proof of age shall consist of a birth certificate, a Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card (DD Form 1173),
a birth registration issued by an appropriate government agency, or board of health records, a passport, an alien registration card issued by the United States Government, a certificate issued by the Immigration and Naturalization Service attesting to age, a current driver’s license, an unexpired federal, state, or local government identification card or a certification of a United States citizen born abroad issued by the appropriate government agency. Hospital, baptismal, or religious certificates will not be accepted. See Rule 170.2c for details.
5. Any team playing a player who is over-age shall forfeit the game(s) in which that player takes part.
6. A player may play in his/her proper age group, or in an older age group. A player may NOT play in a younger
7. For regular-season play, once rostered to a team, a player is considered to be the age of that team.
View the full document here.