Course Hosting Notes
It is incumbent upon you and your club to promote the courses you are hosting and get coaches to register for the courses. Otherwise it will be canceled.
US Soccer courses
Please note that for the US Soccer national Grassroots courses and the National 'D' license course, the host club is required to provide a team of age appropriate players.
The grassroots courses are 4 hours long and the host club is required to provide players for the field portion of the course which would normally be the middle 2 hours of the course.
The National 'D' license course is over two weekends and players are required for each Saturday and Sunday of the course in the afternoon for 2 hours at a time. Please coordinate with Jacob Daniel, the State DOC, the player needs for these courses.
Grassroots national 4v4 in-person course - 12 coaches and one team of 8U players.
Grassroots national 7v7 in-person course - 12 coaches and one team of 10U players.
Grassroots national 9v9 in-person course - 12 coaches and one team of 12U players.
Grassroots national 11v11 in-person course - 12 coaches and one team of 13U or older players.
National 'D' license course - 12 coaches and one team of players each day of course (coordinate with State DOC, Jacob Daniel)
State Level Recreational Courses
Rec G - 5 coaches
Rec F - 10 coaches
Rec E - 10 coaches
United Soccer Coaches courses
USC 4v4 certificate course - 15 coaches
USC 7v7/9v9 certificate course - 15 coaches
USC 11v11 certificate course - 15 coaches
You will be contacted by Georgia Soccer Coaching Department two (2) weeks before the start date of any course to review the number of applicants and review the status of the course.
For scheduling purposes, the standard course format is as follows:
US Soccer Grassroots 4v4 or 7v7 or 9v9 or 11v11 courses - 4 hours (sequence: one hour class, two hours field, one hour class) 9am-1pm or 2pm-6pm
US Soccer National 'D' license course - 39 hours. first weekend: Friday 6pm-10pm, Saturday 9am-8pm, Sunday 9am-5:30pm, Second weekend: Saturday 8am-7:30pm, Sunday 8am-6pm.
GA Soccer Rec G - 4 hours (in any format)
GA Soccer Rec F - 7 hours (9am-5pm)
GA Soccer Rec E - 7 hours (9am-5pm)
United Soccer Coaches 4v4 Diploma - 3 hours any format
United Soccer Coaches 7v7/9v9 Diploma - 9 hours (8am-6pm)
United Soccer Coaches 11v11 Diploma - 12 hours (Saturday 8am-5pm and Sunday 12pm-4pm)
United Soccer Coaches Level 1 Goalkeeper - 6 hours
United Soccer Coaches Level 2 Goalkeeper - 12 hours
United Soccer Coaches Level 3 Goalkeeper - 16 hours.
Course cost and other notes:
- The Rec G, Rec F and Rec E courses are FREE for Georgia Soccer Members. The US Soccer Grassroots 4v4, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11 courses are $45 plus $25 US Soccer admin fee. The National D course fee is $275 (plus $25 administrative fee for US Soccer). The USC 4v4 Diploma fee is $35. The USC 7v7/9v9 Diploma fee is $80. The USC 11v11 Diploma fee is $100. The USC Level 1 Goalkeeper fee is $50. Level 2 Goalkeeper is $75. Level 3 Goalkeeper is $200. USC DOC Diploma depends on location.
- Although not mandatory, it would be beneficial if indoor facilities, such as a school gym, could be secured for courses. These secondary locations can be used in case of inclement weather.
- Please make sure the participants have access to water. If you choose, you can plan to have coffee and/or drinks for the classroom sessions and water or Gatorade coolers for the field sessions.
- Please make sure that all candidates register online at least 2 weeks prior to the course date.
- Please make sure the coaches are aware that they will be participating in the field activities.
How to Request a Coaching Course in the ADG System
Instructions for submitting a request can be found in the Coaches section of the Georgia Soccer website on the Requesting Coaching Courses page.
As with all other components of this program, a person must have administrative access into the system to create / submit an event request / coaching education class.
League registrars have full rights to all modules of the system and can add the coaching course request. However, if you choose to have your Director of Coaching, or if you have a Coaching Coordinator that will be submitting the request to Georgia Soccer, YOU MUST CREATE A USER PROFILE (if one does not already exist) and ASSIGN A USER NAME AND PASSWORD.
The lowest level of access that can be given, if they are not already in the system, is league registrar assistant - no card printing. It is the league's choice as to who they wish to enter the course request.
If you have any questions, please contact Tara Daniel at 678-993-2110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.