1) You must have Internet Explorer in order to complete your course request
2) Log-in to your ADG URL site
3) Click on Event Manager onthe left navigation tool bar
4) Click on Create (This will take you to the Events / Create a New Event page)
5) Under the “Event Name” from Text box, – Type Course Level & Location (example) F Course Fayetteville. All courses should be titled with the same process; i.e. D Course (location, Rec E Course (location), G Course (location), etc… (Each course should be entered separately).
6) Under “Create this Event For**” Leave Text box Blank – next to “Georgia Soccer Event”
7) Under “Select District” text box - Select “Youth”
8) Under “Select League” text box - Select your League name and leave “Select Club” Text box Blank
9) In “Event View Mode” - Select “Open to Public”
10) “Calendar Type Name*”- from text box – Select “Coaches Education”
11) Under “Allow Quantity Registration*”- Select “No”. Ignore “Require Attendee Name on the List”
12) Put “Check Mark” in both boxes of “Requires Registration” and “Requires Payment” boxes, even for the courses that are free of charge, the G, F & Rec E courses. This is a needed configuration to produce a receipt at the point of registration showing date, time, and location of class.
13) Leave “Auto Accept” Blank.
14) Under “Attendee View Mode:”text box – Select “List Not Viewable to Public and Attendees”
15) Event Start Date* - Click on the Calendar icon and click on the first date of the class
16) Event End Date* - Click on the last day of the class
17) Start Accept Application Date* - Select today’s date
18) End Accept Application Date* - Select the last working weekday before the class starts
19) Save & Continue (This will bring you to the Event Description* Page) Copy and Paste synopsis of request course level (G, F, Rec E, National E & D) from descriptions listed at the bottom of this page.
20) Click on “Save & Continue” (This will bring you to the Event Location page)
21) Select the text box to see if your location is already in the system; if not, type in event location and all applicable and required addresses & Tel. # information (NOTE: this list is not in alpha order, type in the first few letters of your location to more easily find a possible match)
22) Click on “Save & Continue” (This will bring you to the Event/ Create a New Event page)
23) Make sure the Primary Contact (top right hand side in Red) is highlighted.
24) You can use the “Lookup” tab (middle tab of 2nd line) for individuals with your league that may already have a profile and may be the contact person. After clicking the “Lookup” tab, Type the contact person’s last name in the box next to Search and click on “Search” If you see the person’s name, click on it. If that person is not found, exit the box and complete all the Required Fields and Click on Create. . The person at your association that will be responsible for basic information and questions on the course, i.e. times, locations, etc. Click on “Create” (at the bottom) once all required info is entered or the correct person is found through the lookup process.
25) Click on “Event Session” (on top 2nd tab). Under “List Available Session for this Event”, click on “Edit”. Under “Session Name* text box you should see your course title. Enter “Min”(G-5, F & Rec E-10, State E & D – 15) & “Max” (whatever capacity your classroom can hold)
26) Under “Certification License Level”- from text box – Select the level you are requesting
27) “Session Start Date*” and “Session End Date*” should already appear in the drop boxes
28) Under the “Event Description” Box – Put title of your class info , (e.g. F Course – Fayetteville)
29) Click on Update
30) Click on “Session Itinerary” (3rd one on second line)
31) “Event Session*” - Click on Text Box - Select the Course Level & Location that appears in the box
32) Click on “Add New Row” (under “Available Date”) and then Click on “All Dates” drop box and Select the first date displayed for the class.
33) Click on “Available Type” drop box and Select “Course”.
34) Click on “Hour” drop box and select the “Starting Time” - for “Minutes” – Select 00. Do the Same for “End Time” – Time class ends and 00 for minutes. Click on “Save”
35) If class is more than one day, you must add an itinerary for each day. Click on Add New Row/ Click on All Dates, From Drop Box – Select the next date and continue same as 30), 31) & 32), Keep repeating 34) if class has 2 dates or more.
36) Click on “View Itinerary in plain table format” (to check if the hours typed are correct)
37) All other configurations will be handled by staff at Georgia Soccer
38) Publishing the event will take place at Georgia Soccer once the course has been submitted and approved.
(please copy and paste for each applicable level in the “Description” section)
G Course (U-6 – U-8 Rec.)
The G Course is FREE for Members and $50 for Non-Members. Georgia Soccer Members include Registered Players, Registered Team Coaches, Parents of Registered Players and League Officials. This course is four hours long and provides fun activities that enhance players' skill development. Attendance is required to receive the G Certificate. If you are coaching U-6 and U-8, you must start at the G course. Previous playing or coaching experience cannot be used to waive the G if you are coaching U-6 or U-8. No exceptions. Minimum of 5 registrations required to hold class.
F Course (U-10 – U-12 Rec.)
Course Schedule: 9:00 Am - 5:00 Pm
The F Course is FREE for Members and $90 for Non-Members. Georgia Soccer Members include Registered Players, Registered Team Coaches, Parents of Registered Players and League Officials. The F course is tailored for the coach who is working with U-10 and U-12 recreational players. The emphasis is on teaching young players through fun games. The course consists of 7 hrs of instruction and practice. Attendance is required to receive the F Certificate. If you are coaching Recreational U-10 or U-12, you must start at the F course. The G course is not a pre-requisite. Previous playing or coaching experience cannot be used to waive the F course if you coach U-10 or U-12 Rec. No exceptions. Minimum of 10 registrations required to hold class.
Rec. E Course (U-14 and Older Rec.)
Course Schedule: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The Rec. E Course is FREE for Members and $90 for Non-Members. Georgia Soccer Members include Registered Players, Registered Team Coaches, Parents of Registered Players and League Officials. The Rec. E is aimed at coaches of recreational players U-14 and older who are not planning to continue on to the D course. The course consists of 7 hrs of instruction and practice. Attendance is required to receive the Rec. E Certificate. There is no pre-requisite as long as attendees are coaching U-14 or older teams. The Rec. E Certificate cannot be used as a pre-requisite for the D course. If you are coaching at the Recreational level U-14 or older, you can start at the Rec. E course or the E course. The F course is not a pre-requisite. Previous playing or coaching experience cannot be used to waive the E course if you are coaching U-14 Recreational or older. No exceptions. Minimum of 10 registrations required to hold class.
National E License Coaching Course - Fee is $90 for Georgia Soccer Members and $200 for Non-Members
Course Schedule: Fri. 7pm - 10pm. Sat. 9am - 5pm. Sun. 12pm - 6pm.
The E course is an intermediate course geared towards providing a foundation for coaching players in the 9-12 age range Academy/Select levels. The course consists of 16 hours of instruction in the theory and practice of soccer coaching methods. Successful completion is based on the following three requirements:
1. Submitting 3 Pre-Course Assignments. (candidates will be given links to assignments upon course registration)
2. Attending the Full Course.
3. Passing a Coaching Practical Test at the course.
The F certificate is required for attendance. F certification may be waived for coaches who are coaching academy/ select teams or U-14 and older recreational teams.
The 3 pre-course assignments are:
Assignment 1: Team Management (complete only one of 3 options)
Assignment 2: Laws of the Game (complete two parts, Part A is an online test and Part B is an essay on modified rules)
Assignment 3: Risk Management (complete an online short course and test on Concussions in Youth Sports)
Candidates should complete the pre-course assignments and print the relevant certificates and bring all the assignments to the course opening on the Friday evening of the course. Course instructor will collect the pre-course assignments at course check-in and orientation.
National D License Coaching Course - Fee is $140 for Georgia Soccer Members and $500 for Non-Members
Course Schedule: Fri. 7pm - 10pm. Sat. 9am - 5pm. Sun. 12pm - 6pm (Both Weekends)
The D course provides a detailed analysis of the modern methods of coaching advanced players of all ages. It involves 32 hours of instruction and testing. Successful completion is based on the following requirements:
1. Preparation Phase: Candidates are required to complete five (5) pre-assigned training sessions and submit the practice plans at the first weekend of the course
2. First Weekend of Course – (Instructional Phase): Candidates must attend the first weekend of the course.
3. Deliberate Practice Phase: Between the first and second weekend of the course. Candidates are required to complete five (5) pre-assigned training sessions over a minimum of 10 weeks and submit the practice plans on the second weekend of the course.
4. Second Weekend of the Course - (Performance Review Phase): Candidates must attend the second weekend of the course at least 10 weeks after the first weekends and pass a final on-field exam.
The E License is required for attendance (the Rec. E certificate is not acceptable). No waivers of the E License are allowed as of January 2013, according to the US Soccer Coaching Department. Upon earning a National E License, candidates must wait for at least 6 months before attending a D License course. This 6 month period is the Preparation Phase explained above.