Step by Step Instructions for Requesting Coaching Courses Online
- Internet Explorer is the preferred browser for work within our system.
- Log-in to your ADG URL site
- Click on Event Manager on the left navigation tool bar
- Click on Create (This will take you to the Events / Create a New Event page)
- Under the Event Name from Text box, – Type Course Level & Location (example) Rec F Course Fayetteville. All courses should be titled with the same process; i.e. D Course (location, Rec E Course (location), Rec G Course (location), etc… (Each course must be entered separately).
- Under Create this Event For - Leave Text box Blank – next to Georgia Soccer Event
- Under Select District text box - Select Youth
- Under Select League text box - Select your League name and leave Select Club Text box Blank
- Event View Mode - Select Open to Public
- Calendar Type Name- from text box – Select Coaches Education
- Allow Quantity Registration- Select No. Require Attendee Name on the List leave blank
- Put Check Mark in both boxes of Requires Registration and Requires Payment boxes, even for the courses that are free of charge, which are the Rec G, Rec F & Rec E courses. This is a needed configuration to produce a receipt at the point of registration showing date, time, and location of class.
- Leave Auto Accept Blank.
- Under Attendee View Mode: text box – Select List Not Viewable to Public and Attendees
- Event Start Date - Click on the Calendar icon and click on the first date of the class
- Event End Date - Click on the last day of the class
- Start Accept Application Date - Select today’s date
- End Accept Application Date - Select the last working weekday before the class starts
- Belonging to Season Year – ex. 2013/2014. Save & Continue
- Copy and Paste synopsis of request course level (Rec G, Rec F, Rec E, and National E & D) from descriptions listed at the bottom of this page. Click Save & Continue.
- Event Location - Select the text box to see if your location is already in the system; if not, type in event location and all applicable and required addresses & Tel. # information (NOTE: this list is not in alpha order, type in the first few letters of your location to more easily find a possible match) When location is complete, Click Save & Continue
Event/ Create a New Event page
- Make sure the Primary Contact (top right hand side in Red) is highlighted. This will be the person at your association that will be responsible for basic information and questions regarding the course, i.e. times, locations, etc.
- You can use the Lookup tab (middle tab of 2nd line) for individuals with your league that may already have a profile and may be the contact person. After clicking the “Lookup” tab, Type the contact person’s last name in the box next to Search and click on “Search” If you see the person’s name, click on it. If that person is not found, exit the box and complete all the Required Fields and Click on Create.
- Click on Event Session (on top 2nd tab). Under List Available Session for this Event, click on Edit. Under Session Name text box you should see your course title. Under min/max attendee’s information, please enter the following: Rec G-5, Rec F & Rec E-10, National D – 15) & Max (whatever capacity your classroom can hold)
- Under Certification License Level from text box – Select the level you are requesting
- Session Start Date and Session End Date should already appear in the drop boxes
- Under the Event Description Box – Put title of your class info , (e.g. Rec F Course – Fayetteville) Click Update
- Click on Session Itinerary (3rd one on second line). From Event Session dropdown box Select the Course Level & Location that appears in the box.
- Click on Add New Row (under Available Date) and then Click on All Dates drop box and Select the first date displayed for the class.
- Click on Available Type drop box and Select Course.
- Click on Hour drop box and select the Starting Time - for Minutes – Select 00. Do the same for End Time – Time class ends and 00 for minutes. Click Save.
- Click on Add New Row/ Click on All Dates, From Drop Box – Select the next date and continue
- same as 30), 31) & 32), Keep repeating 34) if class has 2 dates or more. If class is more than one day, you can add an itinerary to each day if you choose. This is not a required field. You can add this information in to the Event Description box if you wish. Click on View Itinerary in plain table format (to check if the hours typed are correct)
- All other configurations will be handled by staff at Georgia Soccer
- Publishing the event will take place at Georgia Soccer once the course has been submitted and approved.
NatioNAL Grassroots License Courses:
Grassroots 4v4 in-person course for coaching 6U and 8U teams. Fee is $45 plus $25 US Soccer admin fee. Course duration is 4 hours.
Grassroots 7v7 in-person course for coaching 9U and 10U teams. Fee is $45 plus $25 US Soccer admin fee. Course duration is 4 hours.
Grassroots 9v9 in-person course for coaching 11U and 12U teams. Fee is $45 plus $25 US Soccer admin fee. Course duration is 4 hours.
Grassroots 11v11 in-person course for coaching 13U and older teams. Fee is $45 plus $25 US Soccer admin fee. Course duration is 4 hours.
National D License Coaching Course
Course Fee is $275 (plus $25 Administrative fee for US Soccer) for Georgia Soccer Members and Non-Members
The National D course provides a detailed analysis of the modern methods of coaching advanced players of all ages. It involves 40 hours of instruction and testing plus 30 hours of assignments. the course runs over two weekends at least four weeks apart.
Rec G Course
The Rec G Course is FREE for Members and $50 for Non-Members. Georgia Soccer Members include Registered Players, Registered Team Coaches, Parents of Registered Players and League Officials. This course is four hours long and provides fun activities that enhance players' skill development. Attendance is required to receive the Rec G Certificate. course is for coaches who are coaching 6U and 8U, Minimum of 5 registrations required to hold class.
Rec F Course
The Rec F Course is FREE for Members and $90 for Non-Members. Georgia Soccer Members include Registered Players, Registered Team Coaches, Parents of Registered Players and League Officials. The Rec F course is tailored for the coach who is working with 10U and 12U recreational players. The emphasis is on teaching young players through fun games. The course consists of 7 hrs of instruction and practice. Attendance is required to receive the Rec F Certificate.. Minimum of 10 registrations required to hold class.
Rec E Course
The Rec E Course is FREE for Members and $90 for Non-Members. Georgia Soccer Members include Registered Players, Registered Team Coaches, Parents of Registered Players and League Officials. The Rec E is aimed at coaches of recreational players 14U and older who are not planning to continue on to the D course. The course consists of 7 hrs of instruction and practice. Attendance is required to receive the Rec E Certificate. There is no pre-requisite as long as attendees are coaching 14U or older teams. The Rec E Certificate cannot be used as a pre-requisite for the D course. Minimum of 10 registrations required to hold class.
USC 4v4 Diploma
This course is 3 hours long and involves both classroom and field work. It is geared towards the 8U coach. Curriculum is packed age appropriate activities around the 4v4 game structure. No pre-requisite needed.
USC 7v7/9v9 Diploma
This is a 9 hours course. It is geared towards 9U to 12U coaches. Content highlights player development, principles of play, technique and tactics with small sided play. No pre-requisite needed.
USC 11v11 Diploma
This is a 12 hours course. Moving up the continuum of age levels to the 13 and above player, this Diploma is designed for an intermediate coach. It is a 12 hour in-person course focused on the 11v11 game with topics including the modern numbering system, formations and systems of play, player competencies and defensive and offensive tactics. No pre-requisite needed.
USC Level 1 Goalkeeper Diploma
Fee is $50 for Georgia Soccer members and non-members
This is a 6 hour course geared towards the team coach and focusing on helping the team coach evaluate his/her keeper performance in the game and design appropriate practice in and outside of team practices. No pre-requisite needed.
USC Level 2 Goalkeeper Diploma
Fee is $75 for Georgia Soccer members and non-members
This is a 12 hour course geared towards the specialist goalkeeper coach and the team coach looking for in-depth information surrounding the coaching of keepers. The level 1 Goalkeeper Diploma is a pre-requisite.
USC Level 3 Goalkeeper Diploma
Fee is $200 for Georgia Soccer members and non-members
This is an 18 hour course geared towards the specialist goalkeeper coach and the team coach looking for in-depth information surrounding the coaching of keepers. The focus is on the tactical aspects of goalkeeping within the team framework and the specifics of training a keeper. The level 2 Goalkeeper Diploma is a pre-requisite.
USC Director of Coaching Diploma
Fee depends on location
This is a 21 hour course designed to address the issues facing the Director of Coaching of an American club. The curriculum examines the technical, conceptual, leadership and administrative skills required of Directors of Coaching of youth clubs. This is accomplished through a curriculum rich in application and theory and will focus on organizational structure, methods of coaching, leadership theory, evaluation and development of coaches and players and fiscal, legal and moral responsibility. Candidates will understand each of the individual units of the club as well as the interrelationship of those parts to achieve the specific goals and objectives of a youth soccer club. The fee for this course will depend on the location. No pre-requisite is needed.
Should you have any questions or issues, do not hesitate to contact Tara Daniel at email@example.com or by phone at 678-993-2110.