The Academy Program is the select developmental program for boys’ and girls’ teams
from U-10 through U-12. The academy program is administered by our individual Youth Member Affiliate's.
• To eliminate keeping scores and reduce pressure on players and coaches to get results.
• To emphasize individual player development and especially individual technical development.
• To reduce the excessive travel around the state for games.
• To reduce the possibilities of mismatched opponents and lopsided scores by allowing clubs to do their own scheduling.
• To reduce the number of games players were playing in a year and increase the number of training opportunities.
• Free player movement within the academy program age group.
• Growing a ‘CLUB’ concept with a club loyalty as opposed to individual team mentality.
• Professional coaches taking over administration and training of younger ages.
• Increased player enrollment and larger membership at the club.
• Increased pool of players for older teams with improvement in quality of players.
• A good introduction to ‘Select’ competitive soccer for players transitioning from recreational to select soccer.
To find more information about this program at a league near you, visit our Youth Member Affiliate Directory
This program is governed by the Georgia Soccer - Youth Rules and Regulations.
U12 Academy teams are eligible to participate in the "Academy Cup" tournament usuallly scheduled in May of each year and U12 Academy Players are allowed to club pass an participate with Athena and Classic teams during the regular season as outlined in the Rules and Regulations.