2016 Georgia Soccer 'Of the Year' Awards
Each year, hundreds of individuals work tirelessly behind the scenes of local youth and adult soccer programs all across Georgia. As we near the end of 2016, Georgia Soccer wants to take the opportunity to give these unsung heroes the recognition they truly deserve!
Do you know someone who has gone above and beyond for your local organization? Please take a few moments to complete the below online nomination form and tell us a little about a difference maker in your local soccer community!
Of the Year Award Categories:
- Adult Administrator of the Year
- Youth Administrator of the Year
- Boys Select Coach of the Year
- Girls Select Coach of the Year
- Boys Recreational Coach of the Year
- Girls Recreational Coach of the Year
- Adult Coach of the Year
- PUBLIX Youth Volunteer of the Year
- TOPSoccer Buddy of the Year
CLICK HERE for the 2016 Of The Year Nomination Form
2016 - 2017 Georgia Soccer Hall of Fame Class
Georgia Soccer is now accepting nominations for consideration for this year’s Hall of Fame award. The Georgia Soccer Hall of Fame award honors those who have helped to grow the sport in Georgia and recognizes significant contributions and personal achievements.
There are two classes of award:
Lifetime Achievement - Over an extended period of time or career.
Outstanding Achievement - A personal soccer achievement that demonstrated a pronounced positive impact on the sport.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
1. Any player, coach, referee, administrator, volunteer, or supporter may be nominated for recognition of a positive impact on the sport in Georgia.
2. The nominee’s record should present a clear and recognized example for the soccer community to emulate.
3. The nominee’s bio may include accomplishment or service at the national level, or in other states or countries.
4. Nominations may be made posthumously.
Additional Criteria for Lifetime Achievement Award:
Nominee must have been a member for not less than ten years (posthumous nominees excepted) of an organized soccer program, or programs, whose institutional and program base is, or was, in Georgia.
Additional Criteria for Outstanding Achievement Award
1. Nominee must have been a member of an organized soccer program whose institutional and program base is, or was, in Georgia.
2. Relevancy between the nominee’s achievement(s) and participation in a Georgia-based soccer program must be demonstrated.
3. A player or referee nominated for an outstanding achievement award is only eligible for nomination five years after retiring from the level of competition on which the nomination is based.
4. The five-year retirement requirement does not apply to (a) Over 30 and Old-Timer players, (b) posthumous nominations, or (c) coaches whose nomination is primarily based on coaching achievement or service.
Applications must be submitted by Sunday, October 30, 2016.