Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta (BGCMA) is seeking soccer coaches. The soccer coaches plan, organize and implement the U.S. Soccer Foundation’s Soccer for Success program at designated Boys & Girls Club locations in the metro Atlanta area.
Soccer coaches will be paid on a contractual basis. The program is conducted for 12 weeks, 3 days per week (September – December 2014) and will work approximately 5-10 hours per week. Typical program hours will be from 3:30pm to 6:30pm (exact times vary by Club location).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide guidance and role modeling to Boys & Girls Club members.
- Coordinate with BGCMA staff to implement, monitor and evaluate the Soccer for Success program.
- Develop and post weekly and monthly program plans and schedules for designated locations.
- Monitor and evaluate the Soccer for Success program to ensure safety of members and quality in programs.
- Recognize Club members for program participation and achievement.
- Maintain records to track attendance, participation and outcomes.
- Participate in related training/educational opportunities to expand knowledge and skills.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Experience playing soccer is preferred.
- Combined experience and/or formal training equivalent to a minimum of three years where:
- There is experience working with youth and knowledge of youth development.
- Formal training, and/or experience teaching youth while creating engaging learning experiences.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
- Ability to deal with the general public.
- Ability to plan and implement quality learning programs for youth.
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
Interested applicants should contact Nicole Pietro at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 527-7101.