Position Summary: Georgia Soccer is a 501(c)(3) organization and is the authorized state youth and adult association for Georgia within the US Adult Soccer Association, US Youth Soccer Association, and through them is part of the US Soccer Federation.
The Content Marketing and Social Media Specialist will work closely with the team to assist in brainstorming, planning, creating, and scheduling high-quality content including social media posts, email marketing, marketing collaterals, newsletters, website content and more.
Because of our collaborative culture, the ideal candidate should enjoy working in a hands-on team setting, this specialist will gain valuable experience contributing to our social media profiles, while learning how to build and execute campaigns not just on social media, but the entire digital landscape.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Create, source, curate or edit content that is on-message, accurate, relevant, and timely that promotes our brand voices.
- Assist Tournament & Events with social and digital content pre and during events which may include photography and video.
- Content creation for the Olympic Development Program (ODP), Youth, Referee, Coaching Education & Adult leagues.
- Collaborate with key staff across several departments including Membership, Adult, Referee, Youth, ODP and Coaching Education to promote all activities and keep current and accurate published web content.
- Proofread and copyedit materials for clarity, style, tone, spelling, grammar, and consistency.
- Ensure materials are on time, error-free, and optimized to deliver on strategy and goals.
- Analyze performance of content across various platforms and report key metrics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
The right candidate must be able to follow project direction carefully, ask good questions, be a fast learner, and work on detail-intensive tasks without losing focus or compromising quality and creativity – as well as:
- Ideal candidate will be proficient in Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), Microsoft Office Suite, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, and Americaneagle.com – and willing to learn new technologies in support of the team.
- Knowledge about youth & amateur sports, particularly the soccer community in the U.S.
- Expert-level writing, spelling, and grammar skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with a team.
- Ability to scrutinize and revise your own work.
- Ability to be flexible and supportive even when on tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Experience developing and implementing social media strategies.
- Familiarity with writing SEO-friendly content.
- A knack for idea generation and brainstorming.
- A positive and proactive attitude.
- Degree from accredited university in a communications, marketing, or sport management field preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Georgia Soccer offers a comprehensive benefits package to its employees. Medical, Dental, Life AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term Disability are provided as well as a Retirement match. Georgia Soccer employees enjoy personal and sick time immediately upon hire along with office closures around the major holidays Thanksgiving and December Winter Break.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, and links to two (2) social media accounts showcasing their work to email@example.com.