Monday 11/28 and Wednesday 11/30
Time: 6:30 PM – 8 PM
The South Regional Identification Center (RIC) is designed to provide advanced training to players in the Southern areas of Georgia including Tifton, Valdosta & Thomasville.
The goals of the program are:
- To serve as a process to identify players from around the State of Georgia into the State Olympic Development Program (ODP).
- To give opportunity to players who are looking for additional training to supplement their club activities.
- To help top players of our member clubs reach their potential by providing a challenging program in close proximity that requires a short commute.
- To teach the RIC players the ODP playing style of possession soccer and prepare them for ODP.
For the 2022-23 RIC season, the players eligible for this program are boys and girls born in the calendar years 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 (as well as selected 2013), January 1 to December 31.
The pool will train as one group when working on technique, and then be split by age and size for small-sided games. The pool will be split for games against other RIC sites to achieve size-appropriate match-ups. The pools will train once a week throughout the winter and finish with a RIC Festival. The training sessions will start in early December.
The tryout fee is $45 (and includes two sessions). The training fee is $75 for a six (6) additional session program.
- December: 12/7 and 12/14
- January: 1/4, 1/11, 1/18 and 1/25
- RIC Festival: Sunday 1/29
- Rain makeup dates: TBD
Friendly City Park
3199 E. B. Hamilton Drive, Tifton, GA 31793
RIC festival will take place at Warner Robbins (South Region); January 29, 2022
The State Director of Coaching will oversee the program and visit each RIC site at least once per month. Each site will have a head coach who will work with staff coaches appointed by the State DOC. The coaches will be from top local clubs and/or colleges.