Tryouts: Friday, 12/2 (at 5 PM) and Saturday, 12/3 (at 10 AM)
The Southwest Regional Identification Center (RIC) is designed to provide advanced training to players in the Southwest area of Georgia including Columbus and its surrounding areas.
The goals of the program are:
- To serve as a process to identify players from around the State of Georgia into the State Olympic Development Program (ODP).
- To give opportunity to players who are looking for additional training to supplement their club activities.
- To help top players of our member clubs reach their potential by providing a challenging program in close proximity that requires a short commute.
- To teach the RIC players the ODP playing style of possession soccer and prepare them for ODP.
For the 2022-23 season, the players eligible for this program are boys and girls born in the calendar years 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (and selected 2013) January 1 to December 31.
The pool will train as one group when working on technique, and then be split by age and size for small-sided games. The pool will be split for games against other RIC sites to achieve size-appropriate match-ups. The pools will train once a week throughout the winter and finish with a RIC Festival. The training sessions will start in December.
The tryout fee is $45 (and includes two sessions). The training fee is $75 for a six (6) additional session program.
- December: Fridays 12/9 and 12/16
- January: Fridays 1/13 and 1/27
- February: Fridays 2/10 and 2/24
- Rain makeup dates: TBD
Woodruff Farm Soccer Complex
- 3151 Woodruff Farm Rd.
- Columbus, GA 31907
RIC festival will take place at Warner Robbins (South Region); January 29, 2022.
The State Director of Coaching will oversee the program and visit each RIC site at least once per month. Each site will have a head coach who will work with staff coaches appointed by the State DOC. The coaches will be from top local clubs and/or colleges.