If you are a current Grade 5 or Grade 6 State Referee that met your maintenance requirements between July 1st, 2018 and June 30th, 2019, congratulations.
All Learning Center assignments and requirements must be completed no later than December 15th, 2019 in order to insure you are registered as a Regional Referee by January 1st, 2020:
U.S. Soccer NCSI Background Check ($30) and SafeSport Training
Complete required online assignments in the Learning Center course:
2020 Regional Referee Quiz. 2020 Intro to Safe & Healthy Playing Environments.
Upload three (3) passing assessments from the July 1st, 2018 - June 30th, 2019 cycle in PDF form. Two (2) centers and one (1) AR. One of the three may be youth.
When inside the Learning Center classroom for the Regional Referee Course, click on the assignments tab. All assignments will show green if completed. Assessments can only be approved (green) once they are uploaded. Click on your profile to check on your background check status.
Details for creating your account in the Learning Center can be found on the Grassroots Referee Recertification page.
Recertification Requirements for 2021
90 minute, 11v11 matches only
Two (2) passing center assessments
Must be completed by two (2) different Referee Coaches (formerly Grade 5 assessors)
Assessments are $100; an assessor will not be assigned until payment has been received.
Certification (Upgrade) Requirements for Current Grassroots Referees
All Regional Referee Certification requirements must be completed between July 1st, 2019 and June 30th, 2020. You must be 18 years of age or older with a minimum of three years experience as a certified referee.
First, you must notify both the SRA and SDA in writing via email of your intention to upgrade.
- 90 minute, 11v11 matches only
- One (1) passing center developmental assessment required before continuing to upgrade assessments
- Developmental assessment must be completed by a Georgia Assessor
- Three (3) passing center assessments
- Two (2) must be amateur; one (1) must be highest youth level (18U - 19U)
- Must be completed by three (3) different Referee Coaches (formerly Grade 5 assessors)
- One of the three assessments must be completed by a Georgia Assessor
- Assessments are $100; an assessor will not be assigned until payment has been received.
- See Request an Assessment page for details.
- Regional Course in the LC
- Other requirements TBD
- Fitness Test
- Male - FIFA Women’s Referee Category 1
- Female - FIFA Women’s Referee Category 3
- Game Log
- 50 center referee, 25 assistant referee (amateur only - U19 is not amateur)
- Does not need to be completed to begin the upgrade process, but must be done before June 30th, 2020
- Email game log to SRA and SDA
- Must include assignor email and phone in addition to all relevant match information
- Falsification of game log may result in referral to Ethics & Grievance
For both certification (upgrade) and recertification, any referee who fails two or more assessments in one cycle will have their portfolio reviewed by the Regional Referee Panel. Additionally, if half or more of a referee’s assessments are marked as a low degree of difficulty by the assessor, the referee will have their portfolio reviewed by the Regional Referee Panel. The panel will evaluate the referee’s portfolio and determine to accept or decline. If declined, the panel will provide the referee with additional assessment requirements that need to be met to meet certification or recertification.