News from the Georgia Soccer Semi-annual General Meeting
In with the New
Welcome to the following new affiliates approved for membership at the general council session:
- Georgia Elite Soccer Academy | Lawrenceville
- Hall County Officials | Gainesville
- North Georgia Screamin’ Eagles (Power Soccer) | Gainesville
- Olympic Atlanta Soccer Club | Atlanta
- Soccer Academy Club Toluca Atlanta | Sandy Springs
- Fayette County Youth Soccer League | Added Adults
Out with the Old
The President reminds us that both he and the Vice President-Youth are completing their final terms in office, so member affiliates should be thinking about appropriate candidates to fill these positions, as well as the the open Independent Director positions; Jim Smith and Scott Moran are also reaching their term limits. Elections will take place at the Annual General Meeting on January 31, 2015.
Changes to Youth Rules and Regulations
Changes made to the Youth Rules and Regulations address dual rostering of players, the use of ineligible players or coaches, and penalty points for forfeitures.
Rule Changes at the SAGM
Youth Rules & Regulations (with changes)
Below are the official meeting minutes from each of the SAGM sessions:
Adult Council Minutes
Youth Council Minutes
General Council Minutes
Georgia Soccer will offer two college scholarships, one to honor Phil Woosnam and the other honoring Rich Freeman. Both the Phil Woosnam and Rich Freeman scholarships will be rolled out at the 2015 AGM.
Certified Referee Assignors
All member affiliates are required to use certified referee assignors. The State Referee Committee will track the assignor status of our affiliates, and will assist any who need help in finding a certified assignor. A list of certified assignors will be posted on the Georgia Soccer website.
Good of the Game
- A Georgia U16 Girls team made it all the way to US Youth Soccer President’s Cup Nationals.
- Eight Georgia referees were recognized for their performance at the US Youth Soccer Region III Championships, with three invited to represent us at Nationals.
- A Georgia team was runner-up in the Amateur division of the USASA National Women’s Championships.
- Three Georgia players made the 21-player roster for the USA FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup Roster!
- Two more years until Copa America Centenario comes to the USA. We are hoping for a possible Atlanta bid to host games.
- Georgia Soccer sent six teams to US Youth Soccer Nationals; two came home with national championships!
- Several Georgia teams competed in the recent US Adult Soccer Veterans Cup, and a team from Georgia is the new Over-70 champion!