YMCA Arsenal Director of Coaching Job Description
Job Title: Program Director – DOC
FLSA Status: Full Time
Reports to: Executive Director
Develops, organizes and implements high quality Select Academy Soccer Program sports programs.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Expands youth sports program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Secures and schedules select soccer fields and facilities for Grizzard Park. Transports and sets up equipment for games and practices; monitors and purchases necessary equipment as budget permits.
- Creates teams from paid and financially assisted registrations. Organizes and conducts parent orientation meetings.
- Recruits and develops soccer coaches. Schedules coaches for practices and games.
- Develops and distributes team practice and game schedules; develops and distributes select soccer rules, guidelines and handbooks.
- Purchases and distributes team uniforms process every other year or as needed.
- Develop and Implement a college preparation and recruitment program for players.
- Organizes and conducts soccer clinics and Arsenal Team Camps.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of Select Soccer program information, may organize and schedule program registrations. May review and process program scholarship request.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Assists with Program Committee meetings
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation
- Develop and implement player development curriculum.
- Increase player pool, revenue and community participation.
- Develop Club/YMCA centered culture instead of a team centered culture.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent.
- One to two years related experience preferred.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Requirements within 30 days of hire include: completion of: Child Abuse Prevention;CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
- National Coaching License from USYSA or NSCAA
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
Resumes will be accepted through August 15th, 2016. Please send to Scott McCreless, Executive Director or Kristen Vardy, HR and Finance Director at the following address:
810 E. 2nd Avenue
Rome, GA 30161.
To send your resume directly to Kristen Vardy via email CLICK HERE