Any affiliate of Georgia Soccer who allows players under the age of 18 to play falls under the Safe Sport Authorization Act passed by Congress in February, 2017. All adults with regular contact with minors within a sports-related environment are required by law to complete Safe Sport training.
To learn more about the Safe Sport Act and how it affects and relates to youth soccer, please visit https://uscenterforsafesport.org/
Click here to access the Safe Sport training.
Additionally, the Center has created one-page summaries of each topic of the Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies (MAAPP). They are linked below for your use:
- Education and Training Policy
- Transportation Policy
- Lodging Policy
- Locker Rooms/Changing Area Guidelines
- Massage and Rubdown Athletic Training Modalities Guidelines
- One-on-One Guidelines
- Electronic & Social Media Communications Policy
- What is an Adult Participant, Minor Athlete and Related Activity?
- At A Glance Review