The Regional Identification Center (RIC) is designed to provide advanced training to players in the outlying areas of Georgia and opportunities for scouting to the ODP program.
The goals of the program are:
· To serve as a process to identify players from around the State of Georgia into the State Olympic Development Program (ODP).
· To give opportunity to players who are looking for additional training (under the ODP curriculum of identification and development) to supplement their club activities.
· To help top players of our member clubs reach their potential by providing a challenging program in close proximity that requires a short commute.
· To teach the RIC players the ODP playing style of possession soccer and prepare them for the opportunity to earn a spot in the state’s ODP pool.
All Regional Centers participate in a festival at the end of the program. State ODP staff and scouts attend and work with the players. In 2021 over 30 players who attended the festival were invited to State Pool training. 10 players from these centers represented Georgia at the South Region camp.
- Sunday, January 30th, 2022
- CGSA (Central Georgia Soccer Association Complex)
- 110 Snellgrove Drive Warner Robbins, GA 31095
- Starts at 11AM-3PM
For the 2021-22 season, the players eligible for this program are boys and girls born in the calendar years 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011, January 1 to December 31.
The pool will train as one group when working on technique, and then be split by age and size for small-sided games. The pool will be split for games against other RIC sites to achieve size-appropriate match-ups. The pools will train once a week throughout the winter and finish with a RIC Festival. The training sessions will start in November and finish at the end of January.
The tryout fee is $45. The training fee is $135 for a 10 session program.
The State Director of Coaching will oversee the program and visit each RIC site at least once per month. Each site will have a head coach who will work with staff coaches appointed by the State DOC. The coaches will be from top local clubs and/or colleges.